Saturday 8 February 2014

Week 1 - 2nd place overall!!!

The week started pretty well with the first workout and adjusting to the new eating plan. However, by Wednesday, for workout #2, I was starting to feel pretty sick. I was starting to cough and wheeze. I still went to the mindset workshop and the workout. 

The mindset workshop was AWESOME. Coming from a psychology background, I thought a goal-setting workshop would be kind of lame, but Adrian really came through with some concrete visualization exercises and other pointers. 

I must say that I was VERY nervous for the workout, given my feeling sick and coughing. So I was VERY VERY happy that there were no kettlebell swings in the program!!! However, we were introduced to box step-ups and burpees - alternating for 20 continuous minutes!!! Here's a gif for those of you that may not know what burpees are:


(Don't know why she is on a sketchy rooftop - but hey, she is a good burpee model!) 

I felt pretty good after this workout - I thought I had vanquished the cough that was creeping up on me before, but the next day it was back full blown. Ughhhh! What a bad time to get sick... Right in my first week of the program!

Anyways, fast forward to Friday - I went to the clinic and got a diagnosis of bronchitis. Got some antibiotics and an inhaler. Given how I was feeling, I decided to skip out on Friday night's workout. Too bad, because it was a night to bring someone from your inner circle to workout with us. I had invited my friend/volleyball partner Sophie - she got off the hook though ;-)

The whole team weighed in last night after their workout - I saw the results online. The leader lost 4.89% of his body weight in a week! Amazing! 

Adrian agreed to meet with me today to have me weigh-in and turn in my food logs from last week. GUESS HOW I DID??? I placed 2nd overall with a weight loss of 3.65% of my body weight!!!! I am so pumped :-) 

Andddd, I am hoping that the antibiotics take effect quickly so that I can get back to working out hard. In any case, I am very excited to continue on this journey at the 180 Fitness gym. 

2 comments:

  1. Not bad for bronchitis. :). Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your success your first week :) You totally got this !!

    ReplyDelete