Monday 3 February 2014

Ode to the "Kettlebell Swing"

Today was the first day for it all: food, training session, logging and a bunch of new rules!

So many changes in one day can be overwhelming, but I was holding up pretty well I would say. 

The meal plan allows for lots of great, whole and healthy foods, so I was feeling pretty satisfied all day. I think my stomach is wondering what is going on though (I had a bit of a sore tummy after eating so much roughage, etc.). But overall, the meal plan seems pretty manageable. I just have to keep remembering to log every morsel that I eat, as I will be submitting this log for review on Friday!

The real kicker tonight was the workout. I'm not going to lie; given that I have exercised frequently in my life before, I was a tad overconfident in my abilities... ooooops! We warmed up, doing squats, jumping jacks, stuff like that, and then we got to.... DUM DUM DUM... the Kettlebell. 



Our trainer Adrian demonstrated the "Kettlebell Swing" - looked easy enough- and we all started doing it. After about 5 minutes of doing this move, I swear I thought I would throw up :-S My lowerback was in major pain. I kept trying to do it but I just couldn't do anymore!!! The Kettlebell Swing schooled me and made me realize just how out of shape I am. And of course it made me realize I need to be humble and respect the Kettlebell - duly noted!

In any case, I recovered quickly enough before our circuit, which involved large ropes, punching bags, rowing machines and many more (that's me below on the rower in black)!



All in all, I am pretty satisfied of my first day.

Mr. Kettlebell, I will be ready for our next rendez-vous!


No comments:

Post a Comment