Wednesday 12 February 2014

Eating well on the road : Mission impossible?

I missed my second workout tonight - not too happy about it. I have a meeting in Burlington tomorrow am that I had to fly out for. I was hoping to get a workout in at the hotel but my flight got cancelled, and I am just getting settled in now. On the upside, I ate very well today - and this was a change from what I usually do when I travel for work. In fact, I frequently have work meetings that are catered, and stay in hotels with room service... and in the past I haven't always made the best choices. 

I guess that in the past, I would have had a glass of wine on the plane, and then maybe another in the room - with a burger and fries. Tonight, after my flight was cancelled, I went to the different restaurants in the airport to check out the menus and see what I should eat. I made a realization that it really isn't that easy eating well when eating out (I am really looking forward to our eating out night with the BL to gain some pointers from A&A!). So I decided to get one of those little packages at Starbucks with hummus and veggies. I also got some dried apples (no sugar added!). Then on the flight I opted for water instead of my usual wine. Feeling pretty great about my choices! 

Now I'm cozy in bed, and hoping that I am on the mend. With 2 different bronchodilators and antibiotics I should be fine soon RIGHT??!! Because I really want to go hard at my next workouts!!! 

Have a good night everyone, and stay warm!


3 comments:

  1. Great food choices Gen! It is hard to eat healthy on the road but is doable :). I find bring food helps too. Keep up the great work :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, great food choices Gen. I like to bring some of my own healthy snacks when I travel, I agree it's so hard to eat well when not at home. For example, we spent the weekend in Banff to get in some downhill and x-cross country skiing, and we brought our own oatmeal packs for breakfasts and bring our own protein and snack bars. Hope the bronchitis is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips ladies! And good on you Amy for getting all that exercise in while on a getaway!

    ReplyDelete