Sunday 2 February 2014

Biggest Loser Weigh-In and Meeting

Late this afternoon, the participants of the Biggest Loser were greeted by Adrian (our trainer) and Andre (our dietitian), to kick off the 12-week program. 

The coaches were incredibly well organized in getting us weighed-in and measured, and introducing us all. The group is comprised of a majority of women (15-16 women) and a few good men (3 were at the meeting). I would say that the majority of participants are in their thirties, like myself, but there is one contestant who is close to 60 years old, and at least a few in their early twenties. I'm pumped to get to know them all a lot better!

Something that struck me during our meeting, is just how many women in the group have young children (2 had babies under 6 months old!) at home and/or are working full-time. I can't imagine making such a huge commitment like this when having so many things/people to take care of! So much respect for the ladies that were there tonight making such a commitment to themselves and to their families, despite being so incredibly busy.

Adrian and Andre had prepared binders for us, with the starting ground rules (4 basic rules for now!), a meal plan for our week, and a journal to use as a food log (to be submitted at the end of each week to our coaches). We also received a t-shirt - a black one or a red one - I ended up on the black team. 

So there you have it! That's the gist of our first meeting! My meals are pretty much ready for tomorrow (I made a black bean salad after the meeting). I'll talk more about the diet in the next posts. 

Right now it's time to get a good night's sleep! I have a feeling tomorrow's training session will be B-R-U-T-A-L!

1 comment: